2 1/4 cups paella or risotto rice
2 chorizo sausages, cut in coins
500g boneless chicken thighs
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken stock
320g canned chopped tomatoes
Large pinch of saffron
1Tbs smoked paprika
4 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
S &P to taste
10-12 large prawns peeled or unpeeled depending on preference
1 dozen cleaned mussels
1 dozen clams
Lemon wedges to serve
1. In a very large pan or paella dish add 2T of oil and preheat over medium to high heat
2. Add the chicken, season with s & p and allow to brown on all sides
3. Move the chicken to one side, add the remaining oil and add the onion, chorizo and garlic. Let them cook until the chorizo releases it’s oils and flavour and the onions develop some colour.
4. Add the rice and paprika and cook the rice for about a minute making sure to stir so it can soak up some of the flavour from the onion mixture.
5. Add the tomatoes, stock and saffron. Bring the mixture up to a boil, reduce the heat to med/low, cover with a lid or couple layers of aluminium foil and cook the mixture for about 15 min until the rice is just about cooked but still has a bite.
6. Remove the cover and arrange the seafood on the rice, making sure to tuck the mussels and clams in the mixture. Cover the pan again and let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes until the mussels and clams open and the prawns are fully cooked.
7. Season with s & p, turn the heat to high and let the mixture cook for about a minute or until the rice starts to brown on the bottom and gets nice and toasty.
8. Stir in the parsley, arrange some lemon wedges on the top and serve right away!
Remember a good crust on the bottom of rice is a sign of a good paella. ENJOY!!! 😋😋
8g sachet dried yeast
1/4 t salt
1 t caster sugar
3/4 cup warm water
2 cups plain flour, extra for dusting
2 1/2 T olive oil
Veges of choice, chopped
100g cheese, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 t salt flakes
1 cup pizza sauce
1. Combine yeast, salt, sugar and water in a jug. Stir with a fork and cover with cling wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add yeast mixture and 2 T oil. Mix to form a soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for roughly 8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in a warm place for 15-20 minutes (on a hot day) until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 220c. Brush a large baking tray with remaining oil and dust with a little flour.
3. Punch dough with your fist. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Knead each piece onto a ball and roll each ball into a 24cm round.
4. Spread pizza sauce over dough leaving a 2cm border around edges. Arrange ham, salami and preferred ingredients over half of each round on top of pizza sauce. Brush edge with water. Fold dough over to enclose filling. Press edges together to seal and fold edges in a braid pattern.
5. Place calzones on prepared tray. Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and crisp. ENJOY!!